I am not a medical practitioner nor a health insurance professional. The information on this site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical or insurance product advice. My assessment of the United States healthcare system is my personal opinion and all those who read my blog are invited to come to their own conclusions based on facts present here and elsewhere. By using this site you agree to hold me harmless from any ramifications, medically or otherwise, that occur to you as a result of acting on information found on this site.
This blog is written by one person and is incorporated as BB’s Brigade LLC. Although it was not started principally for-profit, I am hoping to generate enough income from the site to support my writing and the cost of running the site.
Just as my privacy is very important to me, I respect the fact that your privacy is equally important to you. If you visit BB’s Healthcare Brigade website to read or download information, the following information may be collected:
- The name of the domain (for example: “yourname.com” if you use a private internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you are connecting from a university domain);
- An IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the internet);
- The type of browser and operating system used to access my site;
- The internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to my site;
- The pages you visit within BB’s Healthcare Brigade site;
- The time you spend viewing BB’s Healthcare Brigade site;
- The connection speed between your computer and our site;
- The internet search engine that you used to search for and connect to our site.
As with most other web sites, BB’s Health Care Brigade may collect and use this information for statistical analysis using third-party web analytics services. I use this information to optimize content and improve this website for better user experience. This information is available only to me and is retained only for as long as needed for proper analysis.
If, during your visit to BB’s Healthcare Brigade website, you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information (for example through email or by leaving a comment), I will retain the information only for as long as necessary to respond to your question or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication. Your personally identifiable information will not be used for marketing and it will not be disclosed to any third party except where you have given me permission to do so, or in compliance with a request of a law enforcement agency.
I choose to keep people anonymous by default so that they may feel free to comment on healthcare reform without peer or employment pressures. Submitting personally identifiable information is voluntary and is not required to access information on this website.
I maintain accounts on third-party websites (e.g., social media sites like Facebook, Twitter) as tools to better interact with the public. Your activity on those third-party websites is governed by the security and privacy policies of those sites.
Original material found on this site (including comments to any post) is protected under copyright © of the author. Anyone may reuse portions of a post — a chart and/or a text excerpt, but not the entirety — that appears on this site provided (s)he (1) does not alter the material quoted and (2) attributes the use by hyper-linking to the URL on this site where it originally appeared (for online reuse) or by MLA citation as follows: BB Smithe, “Title of Article” , www.bbshealthcarebrigade.com, Date of access. Permission for use in any other manner must be obtained by contacting me directly.
I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites that may be used without my permission.
All legitimate and relevant comments that further the voice of the Brigade grassroots community for healthcare reform are welcome. Unfortunately not all contributions fall into this category and need to be purged for integrity of the message. The existence of comments whose only intent is to spam, serve SEO needs, and foment hatred, require that I pre-moderate these contributions to this blog. This means that I keep all the rights to accept or reject comments. Only comments that are relevant, meaningful to the topic, and to the point will be included for all to see. Citations to support any claims that are not obvious are encouraged. In fact, I welcome well researched ideas that test me, correct me, and enlarge my viewpoint.
In addition to spam, I will delete those comments that include the following transgressions:
- are abusive, off-topic, provocative or use excessive foul language;
- politically-motivated propaganda with no basis in fact;
- include unsubstantiated attacks on individual persons or subgroups;
- are purely solicitations and/or advertising for personal blogs and websites;
- contain content that may infringe upon the copyright or intellectual property rights of others or other applicable laws or regulations;
When making a comment, do so as an American first and not as a member of a subgroup with financial interests to protect. By submitting your comment you freely grant me all copyrights with regard to content.